Rental and payment conditions
The following rental and payment conditions and rules apply to renting and staying in one of our accommodations. Click here if you want to open the conditions as a PDF file. If you have questions about the terms and conditions of Les Deux Pigeons, please complete the contact form. E-mailing, calling or Whapsapping is of course also possible.
The general house rules below are also part of the conditions:
• Pets are not allowed.
• Children from 4 years old are welcome in the apartments.
• Our house is a smoke-free area. You are welcome to smoke outside without disturbing other guests. Definitely use an ashtray.
• Use of the swimming pool by children only when accompanied by parents.
• The use of the swimming pool is at your own risk.
• We ask our guests to respect the tranquility of another during the day and evening. From 11.30 pm everyone should be able to enjoy an undisturbed night's sleep.
* Please announce visitors a day in advance.
Terms and conditions Les Deux Pigeons
1. Rental agreement
If you have indicated that you want to rent one of the accommodations or have sent a reservation form by email, you will be sent a rental agreement by email. After approval of the rental agreement and the rental and payment conditions, you return the dated and signed rental agreement by post or to the (e-mail) address mentioned under point 2.
Where the landlord is involved, it means: Jan and Marijke Wijte, Les Deux Pigeons, Sur la Route, 04200 Vaumeilh, France (FRANCE). Telephone: 0033 7 8614 3667 / 0031 6 8131 1090, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Rental period
Bookings for our apartments "Les Colombes" and "Le Pigeonnier" are possible for a minimum period of 3 nights. A rental period of one week starts in principle on Saturday at 4 pm and ends on Saturday at 10 am.
4. High and low season prices
High season prices apply from 1 June to 1 September; the low season prices apply for the remaining period in the year. Price changes subject to change.
5. Force majeure
If, due to force majeure, the rental property has become uninhabitable or difficult to move in before the start of or during the rental period, the lessor will refund a proportionate part of the rent paid to replace the loss of enjoyment of living. Landlord will also, if desired, mediate in finding a stay alternative. However, the lessor is not liable for further damage, of any nature what so ever, caused by force majeure. This includes circumstances that may influence the quality of the stay in the holiday home, such as fire, flooding, abnormal rainfall, storms, odor nuisance, water and electricity faults and other external influences.
6. Included costs
The costs for the use of bed linen, water, gas and electricity are included in the rent. Tenants must of course - at the discretion of the landlord - leave the apartment and the rooms tidy. The costs of the final cleaning are € 50 for Les Colombes and € 70 for Le Pigeonnier.
7. Payment of rent
Payment of the rent takes place in two installments, with the exception of the situation as mentioned under point 7.3 of these conditions. After the first installment has been paid, the tenant will receive confirmation of receipt of this payment.
The first installment is 50% of the total rental price, as stated on the lease, plus a € 150 deposit. These must be transferred together within 14 days after the date of the signed lease agreement to bank account number 33 39 09 798 in the name of J.P.Wijte and / or M.J.A.Wijte-Heesbeen o.v.v. the name of the tenant. For non-Dutch tenants, IBAN number and BIC code are required.
IBAN: NL89RABO 0333909798, BIC: RABONL2U.
The second installment (the remaining 50% of the rental sum) must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the rental period at the point 7.1. said payment method incl. the number of the lease. The deposit serves as compensation for any damage caused by the tenant and will be refunded at the end of the rental period.
For an agreement entered into less than 4 weeks before the start of the agreed rental period, the full rental sum - plus € 150 deposit - must be paid within 7 days after the date of the signed rental agreement at the point 7.1. said payment method based on the number of the lease.
8. Travel and cancellation insurance
It is important that the tenant takes out travel and / or cancellation insurance. Compensation for costs incurred can then be submitted to the insurance.
Cancellations must be made by telephone or e-mail. In the event of cancellation, the following costs are due:
- Cancellation up to 8 weeks before the day of arrival: 50% of the rent.
- Cancellation from 8 to 2 weeks before the day of arrival: 75% of the rent.
- Cancellation from 2 weeks before the day of arrival: the full rent.
If we find a replacement tenant for the rental period, the total amount will be refunded.
The apartments "Les Colombes" and "Le Pigeonnier" are well furnished; the kitchens are well equipped; there is sufficient bedding for the existing beds as well as kitchen linen. Tenant must provide bath towels and towels for the swimming pool or they can be rented from us. For rental prices linen see the relevant accommodation.
The tenant must inform the landlord about damage in, around and / or with regard to the rented accommodation. In the event of serious negligence / negligence on the part of the tenant, the damage will be recovered from him / her.
The landlord is not liable for:
- damage to or theft of the tenant's possessions
- accident or injury to the tenant during the stay, unless there is negligence or a shortcoming on the part of the lessor.
Tenants are liable for damage to the rented property, the land and damage to property of other tenants. This also applies to its fellow tenants and visitors admitted by the tenant. Visitors must be notified to the landlord, preferably one day in advance. This is partly due to the parking capacity and use of the facilities available to our tenants.
French law applies to these terms and conditions and any disputes that arise.
12. For clarity:
- Pets are not allowed.
- Visitors must be registered with the landlord, preferably one day in advance.
- Children from 4 years old are welcome in the apartment.
- Our house is a smoke-free area. You are welcome to smoke outside.
- Use of the swimming pool by children only under the supervision of parents.
- The use of the swimming pool is at your own risk.
- We ask our guests to respect the tranquility of another during the day and evening. From 11.30 pm everyone should be able to enjoy an undisturbed night's sleep.